Welcome! We congratulate you for taking the courageous step of seeking the treatment and support you need. We look forward to meeting you and accompanying you on your journey toward renewed health and wellness. While at Casa Palmera your life will be transformed. Our goal is to ensure that you not only embark upon a fulfilling recovery, but that your life becomes enriched with the knowledge and realization of your full potential to live in peace and joy.
Upon arrival to Casa Palmera you will first meet your Admissions Coordinator to complete an assessment, and complete the admissions paperwork. You will then meet with Nursing Staff to conduct a Nursing Assessment. At this time your luggage and personal belongs will be reviewed by a Nurse in your presence to ensure that no items on the “NOT to bring List” (noted below) are within your possession. This procedure is in place for your safety as well as the safety of all patients. If you have a cell phone with you, you will be asked to give it to the nursing staff for safekeeping. You will then be given time to unpack and relax. We feel it is important to provide you with ample time to adjust to a new environment.
How to Pack:
The following are suggested guidelines to assist you when packing for treatment:
- 1 weeks worth of clothing (7 shirts, 3 pants, 2 shorts)
- Pajamas/sweats (3 shirts, 2 pants/shorts)
- 2 sets of gym clothes
- 1 weeks worth of undergarments (underwear, socks, bras, etc.)
- 2 sweaters
- 1 jacket
- Shoes: 1 pair athletic shoes, comfortable shoes (flats, etc.), 1 pair sandals, 1 pair of slippers – no heels please!
Approved Items to Bring to Treatment
Please note that all items are subject to review by the Casa Palmera staff.
- Please do not bring more than $100 cash with you.
- Personal identification (e.g., driverslicense or passport)
- Bring your insurance card, as we will need this to admit you.
- Bring a credit card that will be used for incidentals, supplements, medications, and outside medical costs.
- Comfortable clothing including work-out attire for cardio, yoga, Pilates, etc. (shorts need to be no shorter than mid-thigh for both men and women)
- A jacket/sweater for evening time and winter months; Sneakers and other comfortable shoes.
- A swimsuit and sunblock for summer months (conservative one piece only for women, mid-thigh shorts for men. Swimsuits are not allowed to be worn in the building at anytime.
- Please bring all prescription medications with you. Due to laws governing prescription medications, we will send them to our pharmacy for identification and re-packaging for a nominal fee. Please do not bring any over the counter medications. All medications must be dispensed by our nursing department.
- Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, bodylotion, deodorant (nonaerosol), feminine products, brush/comb, hair dryer, shaving items (electric razors only). All toiletries must be in plastic containers. Mouthwash must be alcohol free.
- Cigarettes, if applicable.
- Portable Media Player (iPod, Mp3 player) or Small personal CD player with headphones – usage will be limited to therapeutic purposes
- Phone card for long distance calls
- Written list of important phone numbers (you will not have access to your cell phone)
- Stationery, envelopes, and stamps.
Patients Admitting for Eating Disorder Treatment: To ensure safety and wellness, patients admitted with an eating disorder will be under bathroom supervision. This means the bathroom will be locked (until determined by staff that it is safe and appropriate to unlock). An attending Nurse and/or Resident Coordinator will unlock your bathroom for you during this time period.
Items NOT TO BRING to Treatment
- Camera/video recorder
- No Cell Phones are allowed during treatment at Casa Palmera
- Laptop computer and computer equipment
- Razor blades of any kind, including disposables (electric razors are accepted)
- Sharp objects of any kind, sewing needles, scissors, etc.
- Curling Irons and Straightening Irons
- Valuables such as jewelry, etc. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Food, snacks, gum, mints, beverages of any kind
- Items containing alcohol such as mouthwash, perfume/cologne, aftershave, etc
- Any Chemical Liquids such as nail polish, and nail polish remover
- Non-prescription (Over-the-Counter) medication such as Advil, Tylenol, (including creams) etc.
- Radios and music players, other than the small personal music devices listed under Approved items
- CDs, DVDs and videos. (Casa Palmera will provide appropriate therapeutic CDs for use)
- Aerosol products including deodorant and hair spray
- Alcohol and illegal substances
- Firearms and/or other supplies/weaponry
- Shirts/blouses or other attire with explicit messages or photos. Also, revealing clothing such as items showing the midriff, low-cut tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, form fitting attire, short shorts (shorter than mid-thigh, two-piece bathing suits for women, Speedos for men)
- Clothing that is dry clean only. (Casa Palmera provides onsite laundry service. Our staff will mark the clothes labels/washing instructions tags with your initials)
- Arts/crafts materials
- Sports equipment such as ab-roller, weights, etc
- Books of any kind, glamour magazines, or sexually explicit materials
- Note: Other items that staff deems inappropriate during treatment
- Note: There may be other items that the staff deems inappropriate during treatment.
Casa Palmera is not responsible for lost or stolen items.