Prescription drug addiction is a growing problem in our country because many people don’t take the abuse of prescription drugs as seriously as they should. Prescription drug abuse can lead to serious health consequences and addiction if left untreated. If you or someone you love is misusing prescription drugs, a prescription drug rehab can help you break your addiction and regain control over your life. The first step is knowing the signs of prescription drug addiction so that you can get the help you need.
Top 12 Signs of Prescription Drug Addiction
- Continued use of the drug, even after the pain it was prescribed for has ceased.
- Complaining about vague symptoms to get more medication.
- Lack of interest in treatment options other than medications.
- Mood and behavior changes, such as becoming hostile, volatile, agitated or anxious.
- Secretive or deceitful behavior in order to obtain the drug, such as having multiple prescriptions from more than one doctor or buying it off the street.
- Using prescription pills prescribed for others.
- Physical withdrawal symptoms when doses are missed. Flu-like symptoms such as joint and muscle aches, night sweats and insomnia are very common.
- Using more than the recommended amount of medication.
- Developing a high tolerance so that more pills are needed for the same desired effect.
- Withdrawal from friends, family and society, especially if people close to say you have a problem.
- Financial problems associated with having to purchase more and more pills.
- Past history of drug addiction.
Prescription Drug Addiction Treatment
If you or someone you love exhibits any of these signs of prescription drug addiction, residential treatment at Casa Palmera can put you or your loved one on the road to recovery. Our prescription drug addiction treatment program provides a structured environment that’s free of temptations and distractions, and provides round-the-clock care and support to help the individual focus on recovery. Our caring, highly skilled staff will provide supervised detoxification from the prescription drug’s harmful toxins, individual and group therapy to learn new behavior skills, and holistic therapies such as yoga, meditation and other therapies to heal the spirit and mind as well as the body.
At Casa Palmera, we also offer chronic pain management to help you control pain without the use of prescription drugs. The Casa Palmera Chronic Pain Program is led by physicians who specialize in treating patients who are compromised by pain and have a history of prescription drug abuse. Our program includes holistic therapies such as massage, acupuncture, neurofeedback/biofeedback, stress reduction, yoga, laser therapy, physical therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, and more to reduce pain without medication.
Don’t let prescription drug abuse and chronic pain define who you are any longer. Get the help you need and deserve at a quality prescription drug addiction rehab.