Relief From the Effects of Anorexia
Casa Palmera knows how devastating suffering from anorexia can be. Our residential treatment facility is well known for innovative eating disorder therapies. Using a combination of cognitive behavioral groups and individual psychotherapy, as well as holistic adjunctive treatment techniques, we help each resident face their own issues and learn to overcome their trouble so that they may fully enjoy life again.
Treatment at Casa Palmera is individualized for each resident. It begins with an evaluation by a team of professionals that includes a comprehensive nutritional assessment by a certified bio-medical nutritionist, as well as use of bio/neuro feedback with brain mapping. Both of these therapies help you to ease your anxiety and build the necessary skills to make healthy food choices.
Yoga, Reiki, expressive art therapy and meditation are just a few of the adjunctive services available to compliment the individualized treatment plan designed by our team of psychiatrists and mental health professionals.
Anorexia Is A Disease
It is not your fault. Anorexia is a disease and with the right kind of compassionate help, your life can be yours once more.
Anorexia nervosa can be caused by different factors unique to each individual:
- Social factors, such as an emphasis on appearance by society and the media, may
contribute to problems with self-image, thus creating stress for those already biologically
vulnerable to disordered eating. Current knowledge suggests that genes, combined with
environmental stressors, can contribute to the development of an eating disorder.
- Perfectionism and low self-esteem are commonly found in those with anorexia, and can predispose them to certain eating disorders.
- If you have a family member that has struggled with an eating disorder, your chance of developing the disease increases significantly.
- Various life changes can trigger the onset of anorexia nervosa.
- Past trauma can also lend to the need to control ones environment, and this can often be played out through disordered eating.
- Anorexia nervosa has the highest mortality rate of any psychiatric illness.
Imagine life free from anorexia. It is possible.
Proven Treatment for Anorexia
Begin the healing process with an individualized treatment program designed to address the physical effects and underlying causes of anorexia.
Casa Palmera successfully treats people from all over the United States and abroad who are suffering from anorexia.