What is Healing Touch Therapy?
Healing touch therapy is a gentle energy-based therapy that emphasizes heart-centered care and compassionate healing intention. The technique uses gentle, non-invasive touch to influence and restore harmony, energy, and balance to the mind, body and spirit. It is based on the premise that the human body is surrounded by an energy field and contains energy centers that control the energy flow from the energy field to the physical body. By performing healing touch therapy, the body’s energy levels become smooth and balanced. Many times, those receiving this therapy fall into a deep state of calm and fall asleep.
The healing touch practitioner and client create a partnership in facilitating health and healing. Healing touch therapy complements conventional medicine and is used as part of an integrated healing program. It is often used to assist in the healing of cancer patients and those with other illnesses. Healing touch therapy has also been helpful in treating patients of trauma therapy and drug treatment.
Research suggests that Healing touch therapy is beneficial in promoting relaxation, reducing pain, enhancing immune function, and managing stress. Many people describe an increased sense of well-being after their session. The main goal of this therapy is to promote self-healing by restoring balance to the energy field in the body through addressing emotional turmoil.
Who Can Benefit From Healing Touch Therapy?
This type of therapy has benefited numerous groups of people, ranging from those in trauma treatment centers, to those in depression treatment facilities. Specific examples include people with:
- Back and neck pain
- Bone fractures
Benefits of Healing Touch Therapy
Various benefits of healing touch therapy include:
- Stress reduction
- Furthered spiritual connection
- Assistance to those in drug treatment
- Lower anxiety levels
- Decreased need for pain medication
- Treatment of pain and sickness
- Enhancement of the immune system
- Benefits to the joints, muscles and nervous system
- Assistance in developing personal well-being
- Faster recovery from surgery and chemotherapy
- Decreased chance for severe depression
- Better circulation of the blood
- Increased relaxation
- Assistance in trauma recovery for those with suppressed emotional trauma
- Peace given to those in the dying process