Drug abuse affects the lives of so many people. Not only does the abuser suffer, but the abuser’s entire family, friends and colleagues suffer as well. Drug abuse is not a matter of weak willpower or morality; it’s a vicious cycle that causes changes in the brain that lead to stronger impulses to use. Without help, drug abuse destroys lives. But with the right support and treatment at a Los Angeles drug rehab center, recovery is possible.
Types of Los Angeles Drug Rehabs
Los Angeles drug rehabs offer several choices for addiction treatment, and will often cater a treatment program specifically to your individual needs. The following are the most common forms of addiction treatment at Los Angeles drug rehabs:
* Detoxification. During detox, chronic abusers will undergo supervised withdrawal. All traces of drug toxins will be removed while the patient’s symptoms of withdrawal are controlled.
* Inpatient treatment. Inpatient treatment is a formal, residential program that sometimes begins with detox and includes education, medical treatment, individual and group therapy, and oftentimes a 12-step program.
* Outpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment is a less formal program in which the patient visits an office or clinic on a daily or weekly basis for counseling and treatment. It is often used as follow-up treatment after an inpatient or detox program.
* Sober living. A sober living home is a group of recovering addicts who live together in order to support each other and provide an environment free of alcohol and drugs. Sober living is recommended for people who have just completed residential treatment and are at risk for relapsing if they return home.
In addition to these common forms of drug addiction treatment, many Los Angeles drug rehabs offer additional treatment programs such as holistic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and dual-diagnosis therapy.
* Holistic therapy: A holistic approach to drug rehab treats the entire individual, including their body, mind and spirit. Holistic therapy is gaining in popularity for its ability to help patients stay in recovery. It includes alternative treatments such as massage, acupuncture and yoga.
* Cognitive behavioral therapy. As part of an overall program of recovery, cognitive behavioral therapy is highly effective in treating drug addiction. The goal of cognitive behavioral therapy in treating drug dependence is to teach the person short-term coping skills for obtaining sobriety and long-term skills for maintaining sobriety.
* Dual-diagnosis therapy. Oftentimes a person with a co-occurring disorder such as depression or anxiety will become addicted to drugs after trying to self-medicate their symptoms. Dual-diagnosis therapy treats the underlying disorder so that long-term sobriety is possible.
Drug Recovery at Casa Palmera
At Casa Palmera we strongly believe that a comprehensive approach utilizing body-mind-spirit therapies, combined with sound conventional care, is the most complete and effective healing approach for renewal and rehabilitation.
Through our individualized treatment programs your specific needs are met with both conventional treatment and carefully chosen complementary treatment modalities. Our thirty (30), sixty (60) and ninety (90) day residential alcohol and/or other drug treatment programs foster a supportive atmosphere of peace, spiritual richness and rehabilitation for adult men and women seeking freedom from their addictions.
Don’t let drug abuse continue to destroy your life and the lives of your loved ones. Call Casa Palmera today.