Narrowing down your Search
Are you interested in attending a drug rehab facility? What type of program are you interested in? Searching for drug treatment may appear to be a daunting task, especially when you aren’t exactly sure what you are looking for.
Before you start looking through that long list of drug treatment centers however, you might want to narrow down your search a bit. The following are a few questions to ask yourself before you begin your hunt:
- Is your condition severe? In serious cases of alcohol or drug addiction, inpatient drug and alcohol rehab centers with detoxification services may be the best treatment centers to attend.
- Do you have any special needs? Are you handicapped in some way? Have you been eating vegetarian-only meals? These are important things to consider and ask about when talking with drug treatment facilities.
- How much money are you willing to spend? Can your insurance company provide assistance? This crucial factor is one that people don’t often like to think about, but also one which may greatly narrow down your search.
Questions to ask Drug and Alcohol Rehab Centers
The following are a few questions that should be asked when inquiring into drug and alcohol rehab. These 15 questions may help you to better decide where you would like to attend treatment.
- What is the average length of stay for your facility?
- What is the cost of your drug and alcohol rehab center?
- Are staff members properly certified?
- How are families involved in the treatment process?
- Is your facility accredited?
- Is detoxification offered at your facility?
- What programs does your drug treatment center provide?
- Do you accept insurance?
- Does your treatment center offer any follow-up program to help prevent relapse?
- What is your staff to client ratio?
- Is there a waiting list for your drug rehab facility?
- Does your facility have any specific licenses?
- What are the goals and philosophy of your drug and alcohol rehab center?
- How long has your facility been in business?
- What makes your drug rehab facility different from another facility?
Another important aspect to consider when choosing an alcohol rehabilitation center or treatment for drug abuse center is location. For the most part, recovery rates tend to be higher when a person is distanced from the bad influences in their life. This may mean that attendance at a facility thousands of miles away is necessary. For those who have children however, it may be more beneficial to attend a center close to home. This will allow easy access for children and other family members who want to come and visit.