Causes of Cocaine Addiction
Has your loved one become addicted to cocaine use? What caused this addiction to take place? Listed are a few possible reasons why your loved one may have become addicted to cocaine.
- Personality – The personality of a person plays a huge role in why they choose to take cocaine in the first place. If someone is a people pleaser, a risk taker or always follows the crowd, they are far more likely to take cocaine.
- Biological Makeup – Someone’s biological makeup personally affects how addictive they may be to a substance. Also, someone with a drug addict in their close family has a much higher risk for addiction.
- Social Environment – The social environment of a person determines a person’s accessibility to drugs, as well as affects their personal opinion about them. If a person grows up in a home with parents who constantly inject drugs and drink, that person has a much higher chance of doing the same. Also, if a person chooses to make friends with people who constantly buy drugs and party, they are likely to join in, increasing their chances of drug abuse. While these circumstances are not certain to make someone a drug addict, they do greatly increase his or her chances.
- Psychological Disorders – Specific psychological disorders put someone at a greater risk for addiction. Also, a person suffering from anxiety, loneliness, constant rage or a great deal of stress has a higher chance of becoming a cocaine addict.
- Addictive Nature of Cocaine – Lastly, the addictive nature of cocaine is probably the primary reason addiction is so common. People take cocaine to receive its euphoric effects. After frequent use, these effects become less intense unless more of the drug is taken, creating a compulsive habit. Such repeated use of cocaine alters chemical levels of dopamine in the brain. This chemical control’s the brain’s movement and pleasure mechanism’s which gives the user his or her desired sense of euphoria.
Cocaine addiction treatment may be useful in treating those suffering from cocaine addiction. In fact, numerous people have already benefited from the cocaine rehab offered. Some of the best drug rehab facilities will assist in determining the causes of addiction as well as in helping a person to find their place in the world.