The Partial Hospitalization Program operates Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:30 PM
For those patients who require overnight boarding, PHP is 7 days a week
PARTIAL HOSPITALIZATION PROGRAM TRACKS
Chemical Dependency Track
- Participation in the 12-Step program of recovery
- Integrated 12-Step program methodology
- Integration into the AA or NA community
- Research-supported relapse prevention training using American Society for Addiction Medicine (ASAM) guidelines
- Topics addressed include:
- Anger and stress management
- Conflict resolution
- Communication skills
- Codependency and boundaries
- Relaxation techniques
- 12-Step recovery and addiction education
Eating Disorder Track
- Weight stabilization and restoration
- Return to independent living
- Interruption of eating disordered thoughts and behaviors
- Normalization of eating
- Coping skills for emotional dysregulation
- Skills to manage anxiety and impulsivity
- Psycho-education for nutrition and eating disorders
Mental Health Track
- Mood disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Post-traumatic stress disorders
- Relapse prevention, psycho-education, and stabilization focus
- Emotion and mood regulation, interpersonal effectiveness, family involvement
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM PHP REHAB
At the beginning of the PHP, patients meet with a PHP Treatment Coordinator. This staff member serves as an initial contact, orients patients to the program, and assists by answering any questions that arise.
Clinical Assessment and Treatment Planning
Upon admission to the Partial Hospitalization Program, located near San Diego, patient treatment begins with a thorough psychosocial assessment of problems and concerns as experienced by each individual patient. Assessment is conducted by a Primary Care Coordinator, the clinician who then becomes the patient’s case manager. The initial assessment allows the PCC to formulate an individualized Treatment Plan, and develop goals with the patient. Honest, open communication in the goal setting process is the key to success for an outpatient and his treatment team.
Psychiatric and Medical Assessment
After treatment begins, patients are scheduled to meet with an assigned psychiatrist. This appointment is ideally scheduled within the first week of the PHP program. Patients will have an opportunity to be scheduled for a minimum of one appointment per month with this Doctor for the duration of the PHP program. The PHP Treatment Coordinator will schedule these appointments and inform patients of the times.
- Detailed psychosocial evaluation by a Ph.D. level clinician
- Weekly individual sessions with a Ph.D. level clinician
- Individually assigned Primary Care Coordinator for case management
- Individual, family and group counseling services
- Integrated family participation
- Program monitoring by a board certified psychiatrist
- Monthly consultation with a board certified psychiatrist
- Individualized treatment plan
- Coping skills to handle daily stressors in a healthy way
- Comprehensive discharge planning
- Multi-disciplinary treatment team
- Professional nursing assistance
FAMILY INVOLVEMENT AND SUPPORT
The participation of family and loved ones is an important part of recovery. With the outpatient’s permission, family or loved ones are strongly encouraged to participate in the treatment. The Primary Care Coordinator will discuss any concerns or questions that family or loved ones may have about treatment.
Families are encouraged to participate during any phase of treatment, including assessment, family therapy or educational sessions, discharge planning, and continuing care.
As part of your after-care plan, you are strongly encouraged to attend our Continuing Care Group meetings on Tuesdays from 6:00 PM to 7:30 PM. The cost of Continuing Care is included in your treatment cost for up to one year post-discharge.
OUTSIDE MEETINGS & SPONSOR
Casa Palmera asks that Outpatients attend a minimum of two outside meetings, (AA, NA, etc. or equivalent) per week. We also ask Outpatients make an effort to obtain a sponsor by the third week of participation in our program, unless they already have one.
Casa Palmera’s partial hospitalization program is located in San Diego and is ready to help you to seek treatment. Contact us today to learn about our PHP rehab program and improve the quality of your life today.