At Casa Palmera, we know that drug addiction can take a toll on your life. Our residential drug rehab facility, located in San Diego, is renowned for its innovative chemical and substance abuse therapies. Using a combination of cognitive behavioral groups, individual psychotherapy and holistic adjunctive treatment techniques, we help you deal with the personal issues that have been affecting your ability to fully enjoy your life.
Drug addiction rehabilitation treatment at Casa Palmera is individualized for each patient. We begin your stay with an evaluation by our team of qualified professionals to include physicians, psychiatrists, registered nurses, social workers, licensed masters level therapists, licensed psychologists and a host of others. A master’s level licensed chemical dependency counselor will conduct a comprehensive assessment in order to help develop your treatment goals. Our professional team will teach you the tools you need to free yourself from your addiction and help you fight the urges and triggers that could lead to relapse.
Drug Addiction Treatment
Casa Palmera treatment program for drug and alcohol addiction is based on the 12 Steps of AA / NA.
Drug Addiction is a Disease
Drug addiction can be caused by factors unique to each individual:
- Genetics can affect our susceptibility to drugs.
- Different drugs affect the body’s system in different ways due to chemicals and signals affecting the brain. For instance, one person may enjoy the effects of a drug while another may not.
- The biological makeup of a person or a person who has an immediate relative that is an addict may be more susceptible to drug abuse.
- An important aspect of drug addiction is its availability to you and the time it takes to become addicted.
- Past trauma, sexual abuse, loss of a loved one, or some type of accident are all factor that cause many people to use drugs to self-medicate the intense pain they are carrying.
- Peer influence and societal pressures can aid in the attraction to drugs. If your friends are involved with drug use, you are far likelier to take them yourself and they will be more readily available.
- Many people have been programmed to believe that taking drugs is a normal part of life. In reality, taking drugs causes numerous health complications, wreaks havoc on your personal life, and poses dangerous and unnecessary risks to your life.
Casa Palmera’s drug addiction recovery center will help you recover from your addiction while bringing peace and healing into your life. Imagine life free from drugs. Call us today to learn more about our San Diego treatment center’s options for drug detox and rehabilitation.