People suffering from anxiety, depression or addiction can feel the affects in all areas of their life. Recovery too often does not take into account the whole person. At Casa Palmera we have discovered that the best way to treat addiction and other behavioral health issues are with a holistic approach. We emphasize treating the whole person, including physical, nutritional, environmental, emotional, social, spiritual and lifestyle values. What are some of the top benefits of this type of approach to treatment?
- Fitness: Physical activity encourages creating a healthier self-image, improvement in overall movement and the reduction of unhealthy habits as well as stress and anxiety. Higher energy levels, a decreased chance of disease and better quality of sleep are other benefits of fitness. We have a state of the art fitness room, a challenge rope wall and planned nature walks.
- Art Therapy: Art therapy is a great way for patients to deal with pain and self esteem. Therapy through art is used for many addiction and behavior issues. The benefits are improved self awareness, self esteem and stress management.
- Healthy Nutritious Food: Nutrition is seldom included as an integral part of rehabilitation. However a healthy lifestyle can lead to increased energy and happiness, both of which are fundamental during recovery. Our trained dieticians work with each individual to create a customized plan during their stay at Casa Palmera as well as after in-patient treatment is complete.
- Stress Management: While all people need to deal with stress, people in recovery face more challenges in managing stress without succumbing to negative behaviors. We give our patients the tools that they need to deal with stress in every day circumstances.
- Spiritual Reflection: Defining and strengthening of the spirituality can help to assist in rehabilitation. Spiritual well-being allows a person to gain a sense of purpose and clarity in their life.
- Meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga and Self-Hypnosis: Discovering ways to calm your soul and reflect leads to higher self awareness and peacefulness. These activities increase flexibility, balance as well as teach calming breathing techniques.
- Alternative Behavioral Therapies: There are multiple options for therapies at Casa Palmera that work the body, mind and spirit. Standard treatment includes talk, cognitive and client-centered therapies. A holistic approach may also include body work and massage, healing touch and breath control, as well as shiatsu and acupressure.
- Acupuncture: People in the midst of drug recovery and behavioral rehabilitation can often suffer from physical pain and anxiety. Acupuncture can help to ease both physical discomfort and emotion unease.
- Holistic Medicines: Especially when trying to free patients from chemical addiction, holistic and naturalistic remedies might serve as a good alternative.
- Journaling: Journaling serves many purposes in recovery and rehabilitation. It allows for reflection; a patient can start to understand the feelings and behaviors that led to their addiction. Journaling can be used to freely express thoughts, desires and needs while providing privacy and confidentiality for the patient.
Trauma and Addiction Rehabilitation is a long and complex path. A holistic drug rehab and recovery center seeks to heal all areas affected. Contact Casa Palmera today to get further information on our holistic approach to treatment.