What to Bring to Inpatient Treatment:
What to Bring Download Asset June 2019
- Approximately 2 weeks’ worth of clothing
- Comfortable clothing including workout attire for cardio, yoga, Pilates, etc. (shorts need to be no shorter than mid-thigh for both men and women)
- A swim suit and sun block for summer months (conservative one piece only for women, mid-thigh shorts for men). Swimsuits are not to be worn in the building at any time.
- Sweater(s) and/or a lightweight jacket
- Shoes: 1 – pair athletic shoes, comfortable shoes (flats, etc.), sandals, slippers – no heels
- Toiletries such as soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, body lotion, deodorant (non-aerosol), feminine products, brush/comb, hair dryer, shaving items (electric razors only). All toiletries must be in plastic containers. Mouthwash must be alcohol-free.
- Personal identification (e.g., driver’s license or passport)
- Health insurance card needed to admit you.
- Do not bring cash into the facility. Please bring a credit or debit card for incidentals, supplements, medications, and outside medical costs.
Approved Items TO Bring to Treatment
*All items are subject to review by the Casa Palmera staff.
- The name, phone number, address, and email address of two (2) emergency contacts.
- Medications: Due to laws governing prescription medications, we are required to send them to our pharmacy for identification and re-packaging for a nominal fee. All medications must be dispensed by our nursing department.
- No over the counter medications such as Advil, Tylenol, creams, etc.
- All medication must be brought in their original prescription bottle – no exceptions.
- Any medication not brought in the appropriate bottle will be disposed of.
- Cigarettes: See guidelines for Nicotine Users below.
- Curling Irons and Straightening Irons: Must be checked into the nursing station.
- Portable Media Player (iPod, Mp3, CD) will be limited to therapeutic purposes.
- Written list of important phone numbers (you will not have access to your cell phone)
Items NOT TO Bring to Treatment
Casa Palmera reserves the right to deem any additional items not listed below as inappropriate during treatment.
- No Cell Phones are allowed during treatment. If brought to Casa Palmera, your cell phone will be safely stored during your stay.
- Camera/video recorder, iPod touch, media devices capable of taking pictures/videos
- Laptops, iPads, e-readers (Kindle, Nook), netbooks, tablets, and other personal media devices with or without wireless internet access.
- Razor blades of any kind, including disposables (electric razors are accepted)
- Sharp objects of any kind, sewing needles, scissors, etc.
- Valuables such as jewelry, etc. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items
- Food, snacks, gum, mints, beverages of any kind
- Items containing alcohol such as mouthwash, perfume/cologne, aftershave, etc
- Any Chemical Liquids such as nail polish, and nail polish remover
- CDs, DVDs and videos.
- Aerosol products including deodorant and hair spray
- Alcohol and illegal substances
- Firearms, weaponry or any other supplies that would be considered harmful
- Any attire with explicit messages or photos, revealing clothing that show midriff, low-cut tops, tube tops, spaghetti straps, form fitting attire, short shorts (shorter than mid-thigh) two-piece bathing suits for women, and speedos for men.
- Clothing that is dry clean only.
- Arts/crafts materials
- Sports equipment such as ab-roller, weights, etc.
- Books unrelated to treatment, glamour magazines, or sexually explicit materials
- Computer access is allowed after the first 72 hours of treatment
- Patients are eligible for visitation & phone calls 72 hours after admission
- Laundry services are provided in house by our staff every day, except for Tuesdays and Sundays. There is a one-time fee of $50 charged for this service. Housekeeping staff will label the clothes with your initials and washing instructions.
- Casa Palmera is a caffeine-free facility
- All nicotine products must be unopened and sealed in the original packaging to include cigarettes, chewing tobacco, e-cigarettes, liquid nicotine solutions, etc.
- Any opened nicotine products will not be allowed.
- Liquid nicotine solutions must be minimized.
- You are responsible for bringing your own supply of products to treatment (cigarettes, chewing tobacco, and liquid solutions).
- Sharing of cigarettes or nicotine products are not allowed.
- Nicotine products may only be used at the designated outside smoking area and at the designated break times.
- No nicotine products can be used indoors.
We respectfully request that you read this list carefully and follow the guidelines. Any items brought that are not approved will be shipped back to the patient’s home at the expense of the patient or financially responsible party.
Note: Casa Palmera Treatment Center
is not responsible for lost or stolen items.