Realizing that you or someone you love has a drug abuse or drug addiction problem is a painful realization. Drug abuse ruins relationships and leads to legal, financial and health problems. Recent statistics show that over 23 million people in the United States need professional treatment for drug addiction or alcoholism. Sadly, only 10 percent of these people receive care at a drug rehab or addiction treatment facility. Without help, drug abuse destroys families and destroys lives; but with the right support and treatment at a California drug rehab, recovery is possible.
Types of California Drug Rehabs
California drug rehabs offer several choices for addiction treatment, and will often cater a treatment program specifically to your individual needs. The following are the most common forms of addiction treatment at California drug rehabs:
* Detoxification. During detox, chronic abusers will undergo supervised withdrawal. All traces of drug toxins will be removed while the patient’s symptoms of withdrawal are controlled.
* Inpatient treatment. Inpatient treatment is a formal, residential program that sometimes begins with detox and includes education, medical treatment, individual and group therapy, and oftentimes a 12-step program.
* Outpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment is a less formal program in which the patient visits an office or clinic on a daily or weekly basis for counseling and treatment. It is often used as follow-up treatment after an inpatient or detox program.
* Sober living. A sober living home is a group of recovering addicts who live together in order to support each other and provide an environment free of alcohol and drugs. Sober living is recommended for people who have just completed residential treatment and are at risk for relapsing if they return home.
In addition to these common forms of drug addiction treatment, many California drug rehabs offer additional treatment programs such as holistic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and dual-diagnosis therapy.
* Holistic therapy: A holistic approach to drug rehab treats the entire individual, including their body, mind and spirit. Holistic therapy is gaining in popularity for its ability to help patients stay in recovery. It includes alternative treatments such as massage, acupuncture and yoga.
* Cognitive behavioral therapy. As part of an overall program of recovery, cognitive behavioral therapy is highly effective in treating drug addiction. The goal of cognitive behavioral therapy in treating drug dependence is to teach the person short-term coping skills for obtaining sobriety and long-term skills for maintaining sobriety.
* Dual-diagnosis therapy. Oftentimes a person with a co-occurring disorder such as depression or anxiety will become addicted to drugs after trying to self-medicate their symptoms. Dual-diagnosis therapy treats the underlying disorder so that long-term sobriety is possible.
How to Choose a Reliable California Drug Rehab Center
Recovery from drug addiction is a long-term process that often requires multiple approaches of treatment in order to treat the individual’s multiple needs. No single treatment is appropriate for every person, which is why an effective California drug rehab will evaluate each patient’s individual needs and tailor a drug treatment program specifically for them.
Effective drug treatment often begins with detoxification followed by a combination of medication, behavioral therapy, treatment and relapse prevention. You should choose a reliable California drug rehab center that offers the following:
* Medication-based and all-natural detoxification
* Dual diagnosis treatment for co-occurring disorders
* Holistic therapies, such as massage, acupuncture, yoga, art therapy, equine therapy, etc.
* After-care programs, including California sober living
* Licensed specialists
* Family counseling/therapy
* 12-Step programs
Don’t let drug abuse and addiction destroy the lives of you and your loved ones. Call a California drug rehab today and take the first step to recovery and a better life.