According to the California Department of Alcohol and Drug Programs, 2.2 million Californians meet the criteria for alcohol dependence or abuse. For many of these people, alcohol rehab is the only way they will be able to stop drinking and get help for their alcohol abuse and addiction. Luckily, there are many Los Angeles alcohol rehab programs to choose from to help them overcome their problem with alcohol.
Types of Los Angeles Alcohol Rehab Programs
There are a number of choices when it comes to Los Angeles alcohol rehabs, and many will cater a treatment program specifically to your needs. The following are the most common types of alcohol treatment programs:
* Detoxification. During detox, chronic abusers will undergo supervised withdrawal from alcohol. All traces of alcohol will be removed while the patient’s symptoms of withdrawal are controlled.
* Inpatient treatment. Inpatient treatment is a formal, residential program that sometimes begins with detox and includes education, medical treatment, individual and group therapy, and oftentimes a 12-step program.
* Outpatient treatment. Outpatient treatment is a less formal program in which the patient visits an office or clinic on a daily or weekly basis for counseling and treatment. It is often used as follow-up treatment after an inpatient or detox program.
* Sober living. A sober living home is a group of recovering alcoholics who live together in order to support each other and provide an environment free of alcohol and drugs. Sober living is recommended for people who have just completed residential treatment and are at risk for relapsing if they return home.
In addition to these common forms of alcohol treatment, many Los Angeles alcohol rehabs offer additional treatment programs such as holistic therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy and dual-diagnosis therapy.
* Holistic therapy: A holistic approach to alcohol rehab treats the entire individual, including their body, mind and spirit. Holistic therapy is gaining in popularity for its ability to help patients stay in recovery. It includes alternative treatments such as massage, acupuncture and yoga.
* Cognitive behavioral therapy. As part of an overall program of recovery, cognitive behavioral therapy is highly effective in treating alcoholism. The goal of cognitive behavioral therapy in treating alcohol dependence is to teach the person short-term coping skills for obtaining sobriety and long-term skills for maintaining sobriety.
* Dual-diagnosis therapy. Oftentimes a person with a co-occurring disorder such as depression or anxiety will become addicted to alcohol after trying to self-medicate their symptoms. Dual-diagnosis therapy treats the underlying disorder so that long-term sobriety is possible.
Alcoholsim Recovery at Casa Palmera
At Casa Palmera, we believe that alcohol dependency is more than just a physical problem. We recognize the need for mental and spiritual recovery and strive to treat our residents’ entire well-being. Our focus on individualized alcohol treatment also helps make Casa Palmera a valuable, rare and life changing experience.
Some specific alcohol treatment goals include: managing control over alcohol, avoiding circumstances in which one might be tempted to drink, identifying and dealing with various stresses that may trigger the impulse to drink and helping to cope with any past trauma or abuse. All of our programs are here to assist you in the rehabilitation process and to help you overcome the urge to relapse.
Through our ability to create a specialized program for you, we believe that together we can help you overcome your addiction and make a change for the better. Casa Palmera does not merely want to put a “band-aid” over your problems; we seek to heal every aspect of your life.
Call us today.